Bangladesh Insurance Professionals Society is formed under The Societies Regulation Act-1860 (Act XXI of 1860). It is registered with The Registrar Joint Stock Companies (Certificate of Registration Number S-13249/2019, Dated 17-11-2019, click here),
It is a non-profit, non-goverment and non-political organization.
The main objectives of the Society are to;
- Bring all insurance qualified and senior professionals under one umbrella so that they can be represented in various insurance forums/ministries/ insurance regulatory authority, educational instutionas, Chamber of Commerce and relevant organizations through this professional body.
- Promote professionalism and work ethics in the insurance sector.
- Contribute in the overall improvement and development of the insurance sector.
- Conduct insurance seminars/symposiums and such other activities periodically to raise/create awareness among insuring public.
- Publish insurance magazine/journal periodically.
- Encourage young members with ABIA diploma to take up CII and similar professional qualifications.
- Encourage associates of CII to complete their CPD program and pursue higher professional qualification with CII.
- Encourage and prepare young members to take up higher responsibility and future leadership.
- Encourage members to contribute articles and research papers in national and international journals/megazines.
- Coordinate and cooperate with similar professional bodies and institutions.
- Perform any other task not specified above in the interest and benefit of the insurance industry.
The First Executive Committee of the Society is a unique combination of prominent and vastly experienced insurance presonalities from the insurance industry and promising young members from public and private insurance sector.